The International Workshop on Collaboration and e-Learning
Call for Papers and Participation
As part of
The 2015 International Conference on Collaboration Technologies and Systems (CTS 2015)
June 01-05, 2015
The Westin Atlanta Airport Hotel
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
In Cooperation with ACM, IEEE, and IFIP
Extended Submission Deadline: March 01, 2015
Submissions could be for full papers, short papers, poster papers, or posters
PURPOSE AND DESCRIPTION
Shifting to knowledge based society, high level educational environments are required with which it is possible to continue to learn for anybody, anytime, and anywhere. The area of e-Learning realizes such kind of educational environments because distributed learners can learn collaboratively with multimedia contents anytime and anywhere by employing collaborative e-Learning technologies.
Collaborative e-learning technologies include a variety of approaches that involve joint intellectual effort by learners and instructors. In such learning contexts, collaborative learning happens when groups of learning seekers work together to search for understanding or meaning or build a new competency, and/or learning providers and pedagogues deliver joint solutions to create a learning product.
In addition collaborative e-learning involves other issues related to the software and hardware architectures that underlie e-learning systems, or the evaluation and effectiveness of these systems using techniques such as learning analytics.
This workshop solicits researches for systems and concepts which offer high quality education with thinking of learners' convenience, such as collaborative learning systems, sharing and exchanging systems, monitoring/mentoring systems, learning design and pedagogy in technology-enhanced learning, design and development of e-learning systems, MOOCs, quality in e-learning, and learning analytics.
E-Learning outcomes have been judged to be equivalent or superior to face-to-face instructions at many institutions and it has the same educational effect on learners in instructors' impressions. Hence, this is a promising field with a lot of potentials which should be assessed carefully.
We invite original contributions from researchers and practitioners in academia, government and industry, in order to go forward toward new collaborative information technology systems for e-Learning.
SCOPE AND OBJECTIVES
e-learning is a collaborative discipline by nature: educators collaborate to develop their contents and courses. Students collaborate to solve problems and to make projects. Finally, educators and students collaborate among them during the educative process.
At present educational processes in academia and industry are inconceivable without the presence of collaborative e-learning tools for content development, knowledge sharing or problem resolution.
This workshop on Collaborative e-Learning – to be held as part of the 2015 International Conference on Collaboration Technologies and Systems (CTS 2015) – invites researchers and practitioners in academia, government and industry to submit their original works about technical, pedagogical or social networks experiences in collaborative e-learning.
Ce-Learning Workshop Topics of Interest include, but not limited to:
- Big Data and Learning Analytics
- Cloud Computing in e-Learning
- Collaborative Learning Systems and Computer Supported Collaborative Learning
- Computer-Mediated Communication (CMC) Tools
- Intelligent Educational Systems
- Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Learning Web Services
- Managed Learning Environments (MLEs)
- Mobile Learning and Collaboration Technologies
- Monitoring/Mentoring Systems
- Smart Collaborative Learning Environments
- Software and hardware architecture of e-learning systems
- Virtual Campuses and Classrooms
- Virtual Learning Environments (VLEs)
- Web 2.0 and e-Learning
- Best Practices to Promote Cooperative Learning
- Designing e-Learning Settings and Tasks
- e-Learning Assessment
- e-Learning Pedagogical Strategies and Models
- Ethical Issues in e-Learning
- Learning Design Technology
- Learning Theories and Approaches for e-Learning
- Online Assessment and Impact Studies
- Pedagogy in Technology-enhanced Learning
- Semantic Web and Ontologies for Learning Systems
- Virtual Worlds and e-Learning
- Collaborative Content Development
- Collaborative Courseware Development
- Community Building
- e-Moderating, e-Tutoring, e-Facilitating
- Knowledge Management/Sharing
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs)
- Media for Group Works
- Network Learning Games
- Organizational Collaboration
- Social Support Software for e-Learning
- Use of Social Networks
- Videogames in e-Learning
PAPER SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
You are invited to submit original and unpublished research works on above and other topics related to e-Learning and collaboration systems. Submitted papers must not have been published or simultaneously submitted elsewhere. Submission should include a cover page with authors' names, affiliation addresses, fax numbers, phone numbers, and email addresses. Please, indicate clearly the corresponding author and include up to 6 keywords from the above list of topics and an abstract of no more than 400 words. The full manuscript should be at most 8 pages using the two-column IEEE format. Additional pages will be charged at additional fee. Short papers (up to 4 pages), poster papers and poster (please refer to http://cts2015.cisedu.info/home/posters for the posters submission details) will also be accepted. In case of multiple authors, an indication of which author is responsible for correspondence must be indicated. Please include page numbers on all submissions to make it easier for reviewers to provide helpful comments.
Submit a PDF copy of your full manuscript via the Workshop submission Web page at https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=celearning2015 . If the submission is for a short paper, a poster paper, or a poster, please indicate that on the manuscript as well.
Only PDF files will be accepted, uploaded to the Workshop link above. Each paper will receive a minimum of three reviews. Papers will be selected based on their originality, relevance, contributions, technical clarity and presentation. Submission implies the willingness of at least one of the authors to register and present the paper, if accepted. Authors of accepted papers must guarantee that their papers will be registered and presented at the workshop.
Accepted papers will be published in the Conference proceedings. Instructions for final manuscript format and requirements will be posted on the CTS 2015 web site. It is our intent to have the proceedings formally published in hard and soft copies and be available at the time of the conference. The proceedings is projected to be included in the IEEE Digital Library and indexed by major indexing services accordingly.
If you have any questions about paper submission or the workshop, please contact the workshop organizers.
Extended Paper Submissions: ----------------------- March 01, 2015
Acceptance Notification: ----------------------------- March 14, 2015
Camera Ready Papers and Registration Due: ------ March 25, 2015
Conference Dates: ------------------------------------ June 01-05, 2015
Antonio Navarro Martín
Universidad Complutense De Madrid
Phone: +39 91 394 7639
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical Program Committee*:
All submitted papers will be rigorously reviewed by the Workshop Technical Program Committee members following similar criteria used in CTS 2015.
* PARTIAL. Will be completed shortly.
- Christos Bouras, University of Patras and CTI, Greece
- Ni Chang, Indiana University, Indiana, USA
- Armando de Giusti, Universidad Nacional de La Plata, Argentina
- Giuliana Dettori, Istituto per le Tecnologie Didattiche, Italy
- Nour El Mawas, LIUM - Universite du Maine, Le Mans, France
- Ana María Fernández-Pampillón, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
- Tiong Goh, Vicrotia University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Huei-Tse Hou, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
- Pedro Isaias, Universidade Aberta (Portuguese Open University), Portugal
- Pilar Sancho, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
- Liliana Patricia Santacruz, Universidad Rey Juan Carlos, Spain
- Cecilia V. Sanz, Universidad de La Plata, Argentina
- Antonio Sarasa, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
- José Luis Sierra, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
For information or questions about Conference's paper submission, tutorials, posters, workshops, special sessions, exhibits, demos, panels and forums organization, doctoral colloquium, and any other information about the conference location, registration, paper formatting, etc., please consult the Conference’s web site at URL: http://cts2015.cisedu.info/home or contact one of the Conference's organizers or Co-Chairs.