Call for Tracks, Symposia, Workshops and Special Sessions
The 2015 International Conference on Collaboration Technologies and Systems
June 01-05, 2015
The Westin Atlanta Airport Hotel
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
(Proposal Submission Deadline: October 30, 2014)
PURPOSE AND SCOPE
The 16th International Conference on Collaboration Technologies and Systems (CTS 2015) Organizing Committee invites proposals for tracks, symposia, workshops and special sessions to be held in conjunction with the CTS 2015 Conference.
Tracks, symposia, workshops and special sessions provide an opportunity for researchers to present results and participate in focused discussions of timely topics on various areas of collaboration computing systems and technologies, theoretical or applied. They are to establish a common understanding of a certain aspect, to share experiences, to foster research communities, to learn from each other, to identify open problems and/or to explore future directions of research.
A track or symposium will typically go for one or more than one day. A workshop will typically be a full day (10-16 papers). A special session will typically have 4-6 papers. Tracks, symposia, workshops and special sessions may also have invited speakers, panels or forums, demos, etc. Tracks, symposia, workshops and special sessions will be fully refereed by at least three qualified reviewers and their accepted papers will be published as part of the CTS 2015 proceedings (archived papers).
The tracks, symposia, workshops and special sessions are considered part of the overall CTS Conference and hence included in the Conference’s registration. For each track, symposium, workshop or special session, at least one organizer must commit to attending and running the respective track, symposium, workshop or special session.
Requirements for submission of a Track, Symposium, Workshop or Special Session proposal
- Title of the track, symposium, workshop or special session.
- A brief technical description and scope of the track, symposium, workshop or special session, identification of specific technical issues/topics, focus, relevance, and motivations / justification of its timeliness.
- Instructions for paper submission and a detailed description of the review process.
- The names, postal addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of the proposed (track, symposium, workshop, special session) organizing committee. This committee should consist of appropriate number of experienced members knowledgeable in the technical issues to be addressed by the track, symposium, workshop or special session. Please include the web site of each organizer and if appropriate a CV.
- Primary contact(s) of the Organizing Committee.
- The Technical Program Committee members of the track, symposium, workshop, or special session. The TPC must comprise of highly qualified members in the area of focus. Students are not allowed as TPC members. The list should include names, affiliation, and full contact information of the members.
- Estimated number of accepted papers, participants, length, and important dates of the track, symposium/ workshop/ special session.
- The plans and means of publicity and soliciting participation that will be pursued.
- Any resources that may be required, such as time (two days, one day or half day track, symposium, workshop, special session), expected room size, whether a panel setup is needed, invited speakers, waived registrations, etc.
- Information about the previous edition of the track/symposium/workshop/special session (if any): attendance, number of papers submitted, number of papers accepted, journal special issues, and so on.
- A statement by the organizers that they will adhere to the policies, requirements and professional standards and conduct followed in CTS and its sponsors and co-sponsors.
All proposals should be submitted by electronic mail as a .doc attachment. Samples of previous proposals can be found on the CTS 2014 web site at http://cts2014.cisedu.info/ under the Symposia, Workshops & Sessions menus.
Tracks proposals will be reviewed by CTS 2015 Tracks Chairs based on criteria such as: the likely interest and relevance of the track to CTS and its attendees; the breadth and depth of the topic proposed, its timeliness, and objectives: the expertise and credential of the organizer(s) and the program committee; and the overall plan of the track.
If approved, the organizers agree to strictly follow all professional standards and ethics in performing their role as well as abide by the CTS 2015 rules and policies, including its program and activities.
IMPORTANT DATES TO OBSERVE:
| Proposal Submission Deadline no later than|| October 30, 2014 |
| Proposal Acceptance Notification Deadline||Two weeks from proposal submission|
| Track/Symposium/Workshop /Special Session Program, TOC and Organizers Message Due|| March 15, 2015|
| Track/Symposium/Workshop/ Special Session, Final Camera-ready Manuscripts and Registration Due|| March 25, 2015|
| Conference Dates|| June 01-05, 2015|
or the Conference’s General Co-Chairs: